- Product Videos
- Custom Field #1
- Custom Field #2
- Assembly & Setup
- Contact Us
Atlas TC 229 wheel clamp swing arm tire changer has the same capability as Atlas TC 221, but has a bead blaster system that helps inflate thick sidewall tires or other "hard to inflate" tires. You may also try Atlas TC 289 Wheel Clamp Tire Changer to suit your heavy duty needs. Feel free to talk to us for advice on which tire changer that fits your requirements and budget.
|Rims||Steel, Aluminum, Alloy|
|External Locking Rim Dimension||9 3/4" - 21 5/8" |
10 3/4" - 22 1/2"
11 5/8" - 23 1/4"
|Internal Locking Rim Dimension||11 5/8" - 23 1/4" |
12 5/8" - 24 1/4"
13 1/2" - 25 1/4"
|External Locking Rim Dimension |
(With Flip Adapters
In The ATV Configuration)
|Position 1) 2 7/8" - 14 3/4" |
Position 2) 3 3/4" - 15 5/8"
Position 3) 4 5/8" - 16 5/8"
|External Locking Rim Dimension |
(With Flip Adapters In The Motorcycle Configuration)
|Position 1) 12 5/8" - 24 1/2" |
Position 2) 13 5/8" - 25 1/2"
Position 3) 14 1/2" - 26 3/8"
|Maximum tire diameter||39"|
|Operating voltage||110V 1Ph, 20Amps|
|Maximum wheel width (Bead Breaker)||13"|
|Air pressure||90 - 110 psi|
|Maximum Inlet Pressure not to exceed||140 PSI*|
|Shipping weight||500 LB.|
|Table Motor||1 HP|
|Turntable Rotating Torque ||885 ft/lbs.|
|Wheel clamping||4 jaws: internal/external|
|Bead breaker||Pneumatic, 5,500 LB. force|
|Oiler, filter, regulator||Included|
|Warranty||1 yr. limited|
|4 Black plastic rim protectors ||Included|
*Inlet pressure is the amount of air pressure that your air compressor is supplying.
** Will need a 20Amp receptacle.
WarrantyAtlas Automotive Equipment of CANADA - Atlas Tire Changer Warranty NOTE: ALL WARRANTY CLAIMS MUST BE PRE-APPROVED BY THE MANUFACTURER TO BE VALID. Complete Warranty and Legal Terms Atlas Automotive Equipment of CANADA offers a one year limited structural parts warranty on all Atlas tire changers. Atlas Automotive Equipment of CANADA warrants the equipment to the original purchaser against defects in material or workmanship under normal use for a period of one year from the date of purchase. This limited warranty shall be limited to the repair or replacement of materials or parts found defective, at the discretion of Atlas Automotive Equipment of CANADA. This limited one year warranty DOES NOT apply to normal wear items or to items through which compressed air passes. Airvalves, cylinders, and other moving parts that are subjected to a direct contact with the flow of compressed air are covered by a limited 90 day warranty. Our air operated parts are designed to be «powered» by well lubricated and «moisture-free» compressed air. «Dirty air» with no lubrication will cause problems with any air powered piece of equipment. If we examine a part and feel that it is a manufacturer defect; we will make sure that part is covered under warranty for 180 days. However, we will not warranty any part that has been abused, altered, or has been subjected to "dirty air". We believe that your Atlas will provide years of trouble free service, but you must provide periodic maintenance to ensure the longevity of your machine. We stock a complete parts inventory and employ several full time technical advisors that can "walk you through" most issues that may arise with your Atlas tire changer. Our limited warranty policy (one year parts only) does not include a labor warranty. Our products are sold at such a competitive price that Atlas Automotive Equipment of CANADA cannot afford to send technicians into the field to repair the Atlas tire changers. We assume that the buyer of our tire changer is mechanically inclined or has employees that are mechanically inclined. Our tire changers are built with "plug and play" parts that make repairs very easy. This is the same philosophy that the Personal Computer Industry has used for many years. Most parts can be changed in a manner of minutes. We offer a toll free number 1-888-400-5438 for service and parts information. This toll free number is directed to our Calgary, AB location. The service and parts department is open from 8 am to 5 pm MST from Monday to Friday. There are certain parts that are considered "wear items" and are NOT included in the one year limited warranty. These parts include plastic jaw protectors, plastic mount/demount head inserts, airline fittings, hoses, and clamping jaws. Cosmetic defects or blemishes that do not interfere with the functionality of the tire changer are also NOT included in the one year limited warranty. Parts that have been subjected to abuse or misuse will NOT be considered for warranty.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
ATLAS TC221 VIDEO Equipo Automotriz Atlas4
Atlas Tire Changer Left (LH) Assist Arm
The ATLAS LH assist arm is designed to be mounted on the ATLAS...
Atlas Motorcycle / ATV Flip Adapters for Wheel Balancers
The Atlas Motorcycle / ATV Flip Adapters are designed to enlar...
Atlas Tire Changer Mount/Demount Head Quick Change Kit
We have developed a quick change system that allows the tire c...
You May Also Like...
Product Assembly & Setup
Selling automotive equipment we have found that most of our customers are mechanically minded and look forward to settting up and assembling their new purchase. Most items we offer can be setup and assembled by two people within a reasonable time frame. Before tackling this project here are a few tips that we think will make your life a little bit easier:
- Review the manually fully before you begin setup. The manual should be included with your item but if you cannot locate it simply go to the product page on our website and download it for FREE. This manual has been put together and maintained over the years and will include all the tricks we have learned to make the assembly of your as seamless as possible
- Don't like reading or don't need the manual? That's fine, but maybe take a minute and check out the videos we have posted on each of the product pages. We understand that some people have the ability to problem solve on their own but why not get the inside information so you can spend less time having to problem solve?
- If you haven't already received your item, get an uderstanding of you will need to transport or unload it. Shop equipment like tire changers and wheel balancers are a dream to handle compared to car lifts. If you are assembling your car lift take time to plan our your install.
- Start by making sure the install location and area(s) surrounding it are clean and clear making it easy for you to move around and manipulate the pieces.
- Try to get the entire crate close to the install area without impeding it. There are some heavy pieces that need to be moved into place and the less you have to move them the better.
- Disassemble the packaging and pieces and have a look through them to ensure all pieces are there and get an idea of what each item is. You are going to need them at one point and if you have someone holding a heavy item while you search out a bolt or hose it is going to be a long day!
- If you are reading the manual, read 2-3 steps ahead of where you are at. We have heard time and time again how a customer has installed their lift to 90% only to find that a hose or cable needed to be put in place two steps earlier and now they have to essentially disassemble the lift only to put a small piece in place and then reassemble it.
- Be sure to review the electrical requirements of the product your are purchasing. Some items are supplied in either 110V or 220V. Others are manufactured so you can just plug it in while some have a "pig tail" which means you will need an electrician to either hard wire it to your panel or install a plug
- If you are assembling a car lift, you will need hydraulic fluid to make the lift work. PLEASE NOTE: we do not supply the hydraulic fluid for your lift. In general we recommend AW-32 hyraulic fluid for use in all of our car lifts (regardless of the type). A 5 gallon pale is typically more than enough and will usually leave you with a little extra
- When filling your hydraulic fluid for the first time don't rush the process. Fill the resevior to 1/3 or 1/2 and then run the lift up and down. Get the air and kinks out and then, when the lift is in the lowest position, fill it to 2/3 or 3/4 and run the lift up and down again. DO NOT fill the resevoir past 1/3 or 1/2 when the lift is in the raised position as there is flud throughout the cyclinders and other components. We have heard many times that a customer has filled the resevoir full when the lift is in the raised position and the as soon as they begin lowering the lift the resevoir becomes overfilled and spills all over the shop. This is a huge mess to clean up.
- Some hydraulic cylinders may be "air locked" from manufacturing which will not allow the piston to extend when pulled by hand. This does not mean the cyclinder is damaged, it is simply a result of the manufacturing process. To overcome this, start by ensuring that your feeder hoses to the cylinder are not connected (this would close the system and will not let air in or out). Using a ratchet strap or similar item, slowly put tension on the piston end and gently apply pressure trying to extend the piston out of the cylinder. Resistance will build up in the first couple inches of extending and then the "air lock" should break. You might get a little pop and the ratchet strap will loosen suddenly (hence the reason to apply pressure slowly) and now you should be able to extend and retract the piston by hand with little effort.
These tips are friendly suggestions from us and the years of experience we have gained working with these products. Although they don't apply to every product, every time we hope that you will take them at face value while still reviewing the other information (such as manuals and videos) we provide in regards to assembling and setting up your product. Your safety and satisfaction are our paramount concerns. If there are any questions or concerns throughout the assembly or operation process of your product please do not hesitate to contact us.
For all customer, vendor and media inquiries we encourage you to contact us VIA your preferred method:
Click here to view our locations.
8:00am - 5:00pm MST
Weekends & Holidays
NOTICE REGARDING OUR SHOWROOM
In an effort to offer our customers the highest quality products at the most competitive prices our business structure does not allow us to operate a showroom. Removing this expense is one of the many tactics we employ to ensure our customers continue to get the most cutting edge deals.
If you need clarity on specifications, product styles or if you would like more information than what we offer on our site be sure to contact us and one of our friendly customer service staff will be happy to assist you.
Knowing that each customer will have unique needs when receiving their product, we strive to offer shipping solutions for every customer regardless of their location.
Please contact our friendly customer service staff toll free at 1-866-284-8604 and they will be happy to assist you in finding the most convenient and cost effective options for you to receive your order.
Both shipping and pickup options are available.
Are you interested in reselling these items or making a wholesale purchase? For qualified individuals a wholesale program is available upon request. We have reasonable quantity requirements and will be happy to listen to your specific situation to allow us to build a program that is mutually beneficial. Please contact us VIA telephone 1-866-284-8604 or email email@example.com to submit your request.
We are happy to be able to offer a financing option as a new method of payment for your purchase.
Available through a Canadian based third party company, financing can be beneficial for many reasons:
- You don't have to pay for the total price upfront
- Depending on information provided there are reasonable or even zero"down payments"
- Amortizing the purchase over a specified period allows you to make budgeted payments
- Having budgeted payments allows you to recover the cost of the machine through revenue over an extended period
- Reasonable interest rates
- Various security options
Whether you just want to make smaller payments or prefer the financing method our third party finance company will work quickly to provide you with all options available.
Their friendly approach ensures that all customers looking to finance or just exploring the possibility will receive accurate information with no hidden fees, terms or tricks.
If you would like more information on financing please contact our Customer Care Team toll free at 866.284.8604 or VIA email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also welcome you to contact our leasing partner directly to begin the pre-approval process or to address any of your questions.
Click on the link below and you have access to a payment calculator and the ability to apply for financing online.